Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Is it a JOB or a VOCATION?

its been two weeks now since i started my practice teaching in Don Bosco College, in the high school department. i am bet-by-bet realizing the real job of a teacher. i can really say that becoming a teacher is not only a job but a vocation.

teaching is not easy, imagine, you are to discipline thirty six students not blood related to you and you have to control yourself not to hurt the students if they are noisy, playing or doing other things not related to your subject inside the classroom.

i can really say that, i am paying the things that i had been doing inside the classroom before when i was a student myself.

standing in front of the classroom, i can feel that some of my students look at me as if i know everything, like i am a walking encyclopedia or dictionary.

earlier, i said that teaching is not just a job but a vocation. in this job, it takes a lot of patience and understanding. each teacher will have to understand his students like what i am doing in my class.

looking at the work of a teacher on the point of view of the practice teachers like me, i can say that it is not easy to teach, discipline and form the students inside the classroom but it is consoling outside the classroom, playing with them or just be there with them in their lunch break.

i was struck by one of my students who once told me: "Sir, bat ang bait nyo sa labas pero ang sungit nyo sa loob ng classroom?" actually, it made me think.

No comments: