Sunday, May 20, 2007

Loneliness amidst Happiness




Family.........................

I
was thinking of a topic to write and I was given the deadline, there was nothing i could do but to write the column for this year-ender issue. this is my first time to make a column in this publication. it took me two days to decide on my topic name and at least I found the perfect name for my first column, the title is Family.........................

You might be wondering why Family.........................? the reason is this, when I first arrived here in Canlubang, I already knew that my parents would not be able to visit me every last Sunday of the month because they live far away. I remember my first visiting Sunday, we had a family day in order to welcome the first years. In one of our batch meetings of planning the potluck lunch, I remember what kuya Donnie told the batch: "Let us not forget James doesn't have a visit". Upon hearing that statement I said to myself that my batchmates gave importance to me.

At first it was hard for me to adjust having no visit during visiting Sunday when I was still in Don Bosco Missionary Seminary in Lawaan. I just realize that I am already Canlubang and have to face the reality.

Every time I saw one of my batch mates having a visit I always recall the times when I was with my parents. It may be anywhere, in the mall, at home or just with them.

Whenever I miss them I would just call home and talk to them. I usually call them when i can use my cellphone. There was a time when I forgot to cal home, my mother called me and told me that my lola was angry because I did not called them.

I was so happy when my parents visited me here in Canlubang. It was their first time here in Canlubang and they were excited to see the place and to meet with my formators. Their visit was a memorable moment for me because despite the work that they have back home, they still visited me and stayed with me during the weekend.

This coming vacation I will go home and once more I can be with my parents. It will be two weeks of fun for me. I will make use if their company while I am stil outside the walls of the seminary.

1 comment:

Dennis Maleon said...

ui.... issue... kunin mu kasi kay tuuuuut.....

issue.... resolve mo yan boy... hehe